Help at Home Costa Blanca Welfare Service
Help at Home Costa Blanca
The areas we cover
The areas covered are from Pilar de Horadada to La Marina, Including Torrevieja,Quesada, Rojales, San Luis, La Zenia, Playa Flamenca, all areas of Orihuela Costa.
Our Mission & Beliefs
Our volunteers offer short term support and assistance for people of all ages in their own homes.
We have excellent contacts with other charities and agencies, and work with them to help you.
If you require HELP or would like to join us in helping others.
First step – Contact HAHCB office in Cabo Roig 965 328 8794 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Speak to our friendly helpful office volunteers who will arrange for one of our Welfare team to visit you in your own home and talk about how we can help you.
Second step -Home Visit
Our welfare team member will visit you to talk about how the Charity can help and to offer advice and guidance on a range of health and care issues.
The needs of our clients are wide and can cover such a wide range of things from arranging care at home to moving into a care home.
We can arrange volunteers to visit people who are alone or their partner in hospital, taking them shopping or even walking their dog.
We can help with completing the documentation to get financial help from the UK and Spain
Third step-Following assessment of needs we can offer:
- Arrange care at home from qualified carers or care agencies
- Help to move into a care home and apply for help from Spanish Social Services
- Help to receive assistance from local social service
- Help to complete documentation to apply for welfare and financial benefits from the UK and Spanish Governments.
- Transport to medical centres / hospital appointments.
- Respite care for Family carers 2 -4 hours a week.
- Shopping/Companionship / befriending
Fourth Step– Completion of help
After the client feels ready to go on without our support we do a ” Keep in touch” spot check and give them a call to check on their well being. In many circumstances this care can be ongoing with many long term illnesses which we review on a regular basis.
This help is provided free, and is subject to the resources available at the charity. As we rely heavily on donations to provide all this help we regularly organise and attend events to raise funds.
Another Aspect of HAHCB ( with the help from our local community) some examples:-
- We helped raise 2,000€ to provide shoes for the children in San Jose Orphanage
- We help raise funds to help not only individuals but also Charities:-
Caritas e.g we buy milk, toiletries,hampers for families in need that do not have the resources. Reach Out we gave over 3,000€ for the homeless to provide meals, we gave them 2,000€ towards a new oven to cook the meals for the homeless in their centre.
- We raised 31,000 € to help the Red Cross buy a new ambulance ( cost 60k)
- We raised over 8,000€ to buy 7 mobile defibrillators for the 5 police cars in Orihuela Costa, one for the new ambulance ,one for the Emerald Isle.
- We raised 10,000€ for Adiem a special needs accommodation to help build some more bedrooms.
We have three centres:
Cabo Roig Head Office and Furniture sales Tel: 965 328 794
Playa Flamenca: Charity shop. Tel: 634 352 367
Cuidad Quesada – Tel: 693 027 026 –
Charity Registration Number CV- 01- 048327A